We are proud to present the inaugural St Joseph’s Cardiac MRI course for Radiographers on 11th and 12th September 2021.
The course takes place over two-days so we can provide a unique and comprehensive experience for our delegates, who would like to learn more about Cardiovascular MRI.
Day One, will consist of didactic scientific lectures on all components of CMR given by the faculty members.
The presentations will include:
- Cardiac Anatomy
- ECG evaluation & Cardiac Rhythms
- Common CMR sequences
- The Nuts and Bolts of Cardiac MRI (clinical application of CMR)
- MR safety and Cardiac Implants
- Tissue Characterisation and clinical application
- Stress Perfusion Scanning (Adenosine/Dobutamine)
- Aortic and vascular imaging
- Flow measurements with Phase-contrast imaging
Day Two, will involve the delegates rotating through 4 separate CMR stations comprising:
1) practice CMR scanning with guided mentorship,
2) learn how a CMR report is crafted,
3) view CMR clinical case studies,
4) CMR image analysis and post processing provided by a representative from Circle CVI42 (software company).
From the outset of the course on day one, delegates will be encouraged to take part in discussions to encourage learning, and relate the theoretical information provided by the presentations to clinical practice.
Time is given during and after each presentation to ask questions and revisit key areas of the course content.
At the end of each day, time is provided to reflect on the learning outcomes. The course is designed in such a way that the second days practical workshop sessions, will provide reaffirmation and reflection of the theory content delivered by the presentations during the previous day.
At the end of the course delegates will be asked to reflect on the course elements including, teaching methods, delivery, and relevance.